The Technical Product owner role is key in making the link between the Business and the Development Team. You will be the subject-matter expert who uses his technical background to bridge the gap between the product and technical side of product development while remaining attentive to business’ expectations and/or requirements. You will report to our Head of Service Management and Application Development. You will closely work with our Functional Analysts, Developers, Testers but also with the Operations department.
- You will actively participate as a core member of the Architecture Review Board in steering IPC’s technology vision as it pertains to your core applications
- You will collaborate with local and offsite teams and developers
- You will serve as the core Technical Owner for several IPC Applications, building an in-depth knowledge and ever-improving context for success
- You will analyse and approve change requests for incidents, releases, service requests
- You will conduct technical assessments and recommend quality design solutions
- You will drive the team’s success in translating clear business requirements into clear technical solutions
- You will proactively drive maintenance to ensure availability, reliability, and quality across your applications
- You will create and hold to quality training documentation and encourage a culture of knowledge sharing
Knowledge and experience
- You have a Bachelor degree in Computing or similar experience
- You have a minimum 5 years of experience as Java developer
- In addition, you have minimum 2 years in design roles
- You have knowledge of Project Management tools, Jira, MS Project, Microsoft Office
- You have knowledge of Oracle database (Exadata, SQL, PL/SQL)
- You have knowledge of cloud technologies
- You have experience with containerisation (Kubernetes, Docker)
- You are Proficient in web UI “React"
- You have knowledge in Web applications development, including REST & SOAP web services
- Desirable: knowledge in Enterprise Architecture, IPC applications and databases
- You actively participate in defining and driving technology strategy, providing proactive leadership through improvement recommendations using new or improved best practices
- You have the motivation and positive attitude needed to inspire and lead developers of both on and off-site teams
- You are used to serving as Technical Owner or Application Architect for core technologies
- You are a champion of high-quality development standards
- You are naturally analytical, able to understand technology opportunities and risks to guide the team in the best direction
- You are an autonomous and circumspect decision maker
- You have proven experience in applying, designing and deploying Technology Solutions
- You are familiar with an application lifecycle management and continuous integration (Jenkins, Github, Docker)
- You have a good understanding of postal, logistics and e-commerce processes (desirable).
- You have strong presentation and communication skills, present technical solution to non-technical audiences.
- You have customer awareness and focus.
- You are results oriented and determined; you adopt a firm but fair attitude.
- You have an excellent time management: punctual delivery, promises keeping, able to use initiative.
- As English is the working language of IPC, a high standard of both spoken and written English is required.
WHAT WE OFFER
Working at International Post Corporation is both a professionally and culturally rewarding experience. You will be joining a company with colleagues from so many different countries who bring to the organisation a varied range of skills and experience.
At IPC, we care for our colleagues and we aim to create a positive work environment where well-being and diversity are essential. We also encourage learning opportunities and internal mobility.
We have a hybrid way of working (up to 3 teleworking days/week) and our modern offices are located in Evere. Public transportation stops are nearby and we have onsite parking spots.
We offer a full time (38 hours/week) permanent contract.
APPLICATION & CONTACT INFORMATION
IPC has an established information security management system and is ISO27001 certified. All new hires are required to undertake a series of information security awareness sessions which address, among other topics, staff responsibilities regarding information security and privacy.