IPC Senior Executive Forums are exclusive events in which top postal executives have an international forum to meet, share viewpoints, and exchange opinions. The objective is to gain strategic insights from a peer group of experts. In 2010, IPC hosted the following SEF on E-Commerce:
IPC Senior Executive Forum on Parcels and Express: Cross Border E-Commerce, Brussels, 26 and 27 October 2010
Seamless integration between all players along the e-commerce value chain is crucial to providing a positive shopping experience for consumers, therefore, delivery operators have a pressing need to understand the strategies for growth developed by all their fellow e-commerce service providers.
The forum heard presentations from external speakers who shared their knowledge of e-retailing, explaining how the online shopping experience is changing and how technology-driven, added value services can be harnessed to build visibility, conversion to purchase and consumer loyalty.
Other topics included how payment can be facilitated for cross-border e-commerce and how cross-border e-retailers can both promote trust and a “local” feel for their services by matching payment options to local behaviour and cultures.
Documents and Presentations:
- Executive Summary
- Contact List
- IPC Introduction : Jane Dyer, Director, Markets and Communication, IPC
- IPC E-Commerce Market Research Key Findings : Angela Cox, Manager, Market Research, IPC
- Nespresso and its Postal Partners : Nicolas Gueissaz, Supply Chain Director, Nestlé Nespresso SA
- ATG Commerce: Across Borders. Across Channels : Mireia Fontbernat, EMEA Marketing, ATG
- So What's Next : Julien Blanchez, Country Marketing Manager, Google
- Communication and CEE : Levente Laszlo, Executive Director, Magyar Posta
- Cross Border E-Commerce : Bruno Brusselmans, Head of Marketing, Ogone